After the success of its one and only K-Pop group BTS, Big Hit Entertainment has made enormous profits surpassing other legendary companies such as SM, JYP, and YG Entertainment. Releasing its 2017 fiscal results on March 22, Big Hit Entertainment announced 30 million USD in operating profit and 23 million USD in net income. The results displayed a 173% increase in net income compared to last year. Although SM, JYP, and YG have a greater revenue, Big Hit comes out on top with the highest net profit.
- YG 349.86 Billion KRW (324.3 Million USD)
- SM 377.45 Billion KRW (350 Million USD)
- JYP 102.24 Billion KRW (94.7 Million USD)
- Big Hit 92.40 Billion KRW (85.6 Million USD)
2017 Net Profit
- Big Hit 24.56 Billion KRW (22.7 Million USD)
- JYP 16.36 Billion KRW (15.1 Million USD)
- YG 11.91 Billion KRW (11 Million USD)
- SM -4.70 Billion KRW (Negative 4.3 Million USD)
With BTS under its belt, it’s no surprise that the agency has had its most successful year. BTS’ growing international fame, fan base, and career ensures another prosperous year for Big Hit Entertainment.